axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sameera Madushan" <sameera.madus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Pinging capability to services deployed in Axs2
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 05:57:35 GMT
Hi all,

Here are the sample message formats for the ping request and ping response.

Ping Request

POST /axis2/services/SomeService HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: "ping"      //SOAPAction  should be a unique one
..

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soapenv:Header />
      <soapenv:Body>
         <tns:pingRequest xmlns:tns="http://ping">
                <tns:operationName>someOperationName</tns:operationName>
         </tns:pingRequest>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>0

Ping Response

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
..

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soapenv:Header />
      <soapenv:Body>
         <tns:pingResponse xmlns:tns="http://ping">
                <tns:status>up or down</tns:status>    //Giving the simplest
response
         </tns:pingResponse>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

If there are any other options please let me know.

Sameera