axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayke <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] AXIS2-2120 Metadata Exchange support [Moved discussion to dev list as requested]"
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 06:42:25 GMT

Hello Everyone,

I've reviewed the uploaded patch and it looks good to me except for
few minor errors. ( I've fixed them and uploaded the files to the JIRA).

IMO, the DataLocator concept makes lot of senses. Perhaps Gee could
provide few concrete scenario that demonstrate the use of
DataLocators, to ensure we fully understand it before committing it to
the codebase.

However the MetadataExchange module has a limitation where it doesn't
support WS-Transfer based metadata requests. However there is a
workaround. Since the wsa:To of the WS-Transfer based metadata
requests ends with '/metadata', you can rename the control operation
of the module to 'metadata' s.t. any of those requests are dispatched
to that operation via RequestURIBasedOperationDispatcher. Then you can
check whether the soap action is equal to WS-Transfer-Get action and
process appropriately.  (The MexMessageReceiver and module.xml with
the suggested changes are also uploaded)

Thanks,
Sanka.

Gee Chia wrote:

> Hi, All:
> I moved the discussion in JIRA 2120 to dev list as requested by Dims.
> Thanks in advance for your input and comment  for a better MEX
> support on Axis2.
>

> _Davanum Srinivas_
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=dims>
> [07/Feb/07 06:28 AM]
> Gee,
>
> Could you please check if you can avoid touching the kernel module.
> We have some code here if you want to take a peek at.
> _
> __http://wso2.org/projects/commons/mex_
>
> thanks,
> dims
>

> _Gee Chia_
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=geechia>
> [07/Feb/07 10:38 AM]
> Dims:
> I appreciate your reminder to consider different implementation
> alternative.
>
> During the design and implementation of the metadata exchange
> solution, I am trying to consider from different perspectives of how
> Axis2 users/developers might be using the metadata exchange code,
> and also how to fit the solution in the very robust Axis2
> architecture - configurable and easily extensible for supporting
> different data retrieval implementation, and future data retrieval
> requirements. I am hoping to provide a more general data retrieval
> (exchange) code base to address WS-MEX specification requirements as
> well as longer-term needs.
>
> a. Supports extensible set of data i.e. not limited to only WSDL,
> Policy, and Schema. See
> _http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/dw/specs/ws-rt/ws-rt-spec.pdf_
> for an example.
>
> b. Provides hooks for other mechanisms to store/generate the
> metadata i.e. allows Axis2 users to implement specialize data
> retrieval logic instead of using the default Axis2 implementation.
> The plug-in data locator is not MEX-specific. It is about how to
> associate some extra data with a target web service. MEX is just one
> way to access to the data locator to perform metadata exchange.
>
> The data retrieval extends in Axis2 kernel is to provide support for
> data associated with a service, and to provide a way for people to
> plug-in their own implementation for retrieving and/or generating data.
>
> Again, thanks for your attention.
> Gee Chia
>
> _Davanum Srinivas_
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=dims>
> [07/Feb/07 12:58 PM]
> Gee,
>
> As a general rule, we *prefer* to talk about "design and
> implementation" here on the axis-dev@ list :) Especially if it
> affects the kernel module. Let me review this a bit more and get
> back to you.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>

> Regards,

> [...]