axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Passing databinding specific parameters
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:18:58 GMT
Sorry for the delay
we already have a mechanism and a convention for this :)

the user can pass databinding specific parameters by preceding them
with -E. Say for adb you can pass -Eh for helper mode. [to be exact
these are extra parameters which can be utilized by ANY extension. One
can pass adb specific params while code generating for XMLbeans where
the extra parameters would be completely ignored] The codegenerator
does not process these but merely stores the args and the values in
config info bag so that any extension can use it.
We already have such parameters for ADB, and jibx. I don't think we
have anything for XMLBeans yet but its definitely possible.

Ajith

On 1/21/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk> wrote:
> +1 for the approach.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
>
> > When we invoke WSDL2Java, providing a databinding name, how about
> > allowing the user to pass some parameters to the databinding framework
> > as well.
> >
> > For example, when the user is asking to use XMLBeans as the data binding
> > framework, then isn't it better if we let the user pass some parameters
> > to XMLbeans, like generate jdk 1.5 code, etc., (see [1] for set of
> > params you can pass in to XMLBeans). We can easily do this by getting
> > those inputs, with the WSDL2Code, and just passing them to the
> > databinding framework when we invoke the schema compiler.
> >
> > What do you all think about this?
> >
> > -- Chinthaka
> >
> > [1] : http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/guide/antXmlbean.html

> --
> Thanks,
> Deepal
> "The highest tower is built one brick at a time"

Ajith Ranabahu