axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2]Re: JSON support
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:41:28 GMT
Hi Christian,
> i saw on on this list a patch for JSON Support. This patch does not work
> with the actual release and with revision 489364 I got exceptions when
> installing the war.
AFAIK that patch was intent for the Axis2 trunk and will not work with
the released versions.  We differed the applying of that patch till we
are done with the pluggable message formatter support.

> For outgoing messages I would like to use a Handler.
Purpose of this handler is not clear to me. Are you going to use the
handler as a transport sender..
> I extend OMElementImpl and rewrite the serialize method.
AFAIKS you are hoping to construct the request using the your
OMElementImpl.. But I'm not sure whether you can get this to work on
the server side.. Or are you thinking of creating the JSONOMElement at
the handler..

> The input seems to be a little difficult. I change the AxisRESTServlet. I
> take the HttpServletRequest and make a copy to my own
> JSONHttpServletRequest.
You might have to do this based on the content type of the message.
>All values will be copied to this new instance. Only
> the method getInputStream will be changed. This one will transform json to
> xml.
You might need to tweak in the commons transport sender to receive the
MessageBuilder implementation, which is aimed at providing a single
place to do these kind of things.

Thanks,
~Thilina
--