axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SOAPAction required?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:15:35 GMT
I agree with Wolfgang's statement and would like to one thing.

In the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1, rule R1127 [1] states:  "A RECEIVER MUST
NOT rely on the value of the SOAPAction HTTP header to correctly process
the message. "

So, even in the case of a document/literal (wrapped or not) message, we
must be able to route without the SOAP Action.  I believe this works in
Axis and should work in Axis2 as well.

[1] -
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1.html#SOAPAction_HTTP_Header

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

WJ Krpelan <krpelan_wj@yahoo.com>
01/10/2007 06:51 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: SOAPAction required?

dear all,
pls don't create a new bug.

SOAPACTION is REQUIRED for HTTP-Transport (empty or
otherwise) and it is PROHIBITED for every other
transport other than HTTP.

Noone is required to USE it, but there is some
standard-usage within .NET.

Cheers,
Wolfgang Krpelan

--- Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com>