axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Lin" <Lin.Da...@doc.state.sc.us>
Subject not able to retrieve attribute (elements work fine)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:23:47 GMT
I am attaching my WSDL and my schema to this message. Hopefully someone
with good knowledge can spot where I did wrong here. I am using XMLBeans
binding (version 2.2). My Axis2 version 1.1.

Basically I am having problem in getting the "personNameCommentText"
attribute in the "PersonAlternateName" element.

After my webservice is called, the server returns:
    <PersonAlternateName personNameCommentText="A" xmlns:ns1="
http://jxdm.ws.doc.state.sc.us <http://jxdm.ws.doc.state.sc.us> ">
      <PersonGivenName>Rebecca</PersonGivenName>
      <PersonMiddleName>Mace</PersonMiddleName>
      <PersonSurName>Smith</PersonSurName>
    </PersonAlternateName>

In my client side, I have code that looks like this:
    String commentText = al.getPersonNameCommentText();
    log.debug("XML: "+al);

The output is:
<xml-fragment personNameCommentText="A" xmlns:ns1="
http://jxdm.ws.doc.state.sc.us <http://jxdm.ws.doc.state.sc.us> "
xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope
<http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope> ">
  <ns1:PersonGivenName>Rebecca</ns1:PersonGivenName>
  <ns1:PersonMiddleName>Mace</ns1:PersonMiddleName>
  <ns1:PersonSurName>Smith</ns1:PersonSurName>
</xml-fragment>

BUT, the commentText is null, not the "A" that I am expecting!!

Then, I just want to see what the client is expecting for the XML to
look like, I added the code:
    al.setPersonNameCommentText("R");
    log.debug("XML after change:\n"+al);

Now the output added a namespace to the personNameCommentText.
<xml-fragment personNameCommentText="A" ns1:personNameCommentText="R"
xmlns:ns1="http://jxdm.ws.doc.state.sc.us
<http://jxdm.ws.doc.state.sc.us> " xmlns:soapenv="
http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope
<http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope> ">
  <ns1:PersonGivenName>Rebecca</ns1:PersonGivenName>
  <ns1:PersonMiddleName>Mace</ns1:PersonMiddleName>
  <ns1:PersonSurName>Smith</ns1:PersonSurName>
</xml-fragment>

And, if I call getPersonNameCommentText(), I am getting "R".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Danny