axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axix2] [Vote] Move rampart, rahas and secpolicy modules of axis2 out into a new project
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 13:51:26 GMT
I'm dead against moving security out of the axis2 build and leaving a
substantial amount of security tests in the axis2 builds. The converse
to an earlier argument is also true, namely that axis2 becomes
dependant on rampart to build and that people working on rampart won't
see the axis2 build failures.

How about we (I'm willing to do this) set up a continuum instance on
the ws zone to build axis2, rampart and sandesha at least once a day
and have the success/fail messages sent to the dev lists. That should
mean that we all see any failing security tests but it doesn't block
work on axis2 (and speeds up the axis2 build :-)

Incidentally, anything that could persuade more people to run *any* of
the integration tests regularly would be a positive step forward and I
think moving the security ones could do just that.

David