axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Frotscher <thilo.frotsc...@web.de>
Subject PolicyDetermination phase
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 03:49:39 GMT

Hi!

Is PolicyDetermination phase a "system pre-defined" phase
or a "user-defined" phase? The admin frontend displays it
as "user-defined", but the configuration file axis2.xml
from the Axis2 1.1.1 release indicates the contrary:

     <phaseOrder type="OutFlow">
         <!--      user can add his own phases to this area  -->
	<phase name="RMPhase"/>
	<phase name="soapmonitorPhase"/>
         <phase name="OperationOutPhase"/>
         <!--system predefined phase-->
         <!--these phase will run irrespective of the service-->
         <phase name="PolicyDetermination"/>
         <phase name="MessageOut"/>
         <phase name="Security"/>
     </phaseOrder>

 From what the phase name indicates, it seems to me it should
be a system pre-defined phase, i.e. it should always run,
irrespective of the service.

Also, I wonder what the exact purpose of this phase should be.
Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Thilo