axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: SOAP over JMS specifications
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 03:36:45 GMT
Hi Dan:

Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Cool! I was just about to email you about this, I ran a search through
> my inbox, and low and behold you sent this off a few hours ago :-).

:)  Good timing.

> I know this is the first public review, but do you anticipate their
> being more release candidates or do you envision it going to straight to
> 1.0? Or is that undecided at this point?

That entirely depends on several things.  First, what kind of feedback
we get.  If there are any major technical issues or changes requested by
the wider community, we'll certainly consider revving the spec to
accommodate.  Then you have to consider what "1.0" means exactly... I'd
personally really love to see at LEAST two or three implementations of
this interoperating before we have anything we call a finished product.
  And then there's the question of whether we just call it done with
whatever companies have joined this effort by then, or whether we send
it off to a more formal standards body....  The answers to all this
stuff are all a bit undecided at this point - so comments appreciated. :)

Thanks,
--Glen