axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axix2] [Vote] Move rampart, rahas and secpolicy modules of axis2 out into a new project
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 22:58:58 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:

> The security tests are among the slowest integration tests that we've
> got.  If there's a way, as Ruchith and Deepal mention, to actually test
> the same Axis2 functionality without the full security machinery, that
> would serve two purposes - speeding up the build and also more cleanly
> reducing the coupling between core Axis2 and other modules.  I'd love to
> see that happen.

Me too. This is the exact same thing that I also wanted and mentioned in
my earlier email.

> The Rampart build will of course still test the full
> Axis2/security integration, we'd just be focusing the Axis2 tests more
> appropriately.

This is the problem. Eventhough rampart tests are failing in rampart
project, no-one in Axis2 project will see that, until Ruchith holler.
But by that time several commits must have gone in Axis2.

Anyway, I just wanted to add some comments and seems rampart is good to
go out of Axis2. I hope the same thing will happen to savan, etc.,

-- Chinthaka