axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Issues with the current code base
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:12:05 GMT
Bill, IMO I made a mistake in lifting my -1 on this patch .. this
could've and should've gone in as an auxiliary bit of code without
modifying MC at all. Calling mc.activateMessageContext on *every*
message that comes in seems like a major ovehead to the mind even if not
to the body (you know what I mean). There was no technical need
whatsoever for this code to be in MC itself for Matt to be able to do
whatever he needs to make Sandesha persist using Java object
serialization instead of the serialization architecture that exists
now.

Next time I won't give in so easy :).

In any case, I'm yet to see an explanation from Anne for the algorithm
used to figure out the parent service context etc. for a message
context. Anne, can you explain how you're going about figuring those
refs out please? Please don't say RTFS :(.

We need to performance compare 1.1.1 with the current head and see what
the impact of this change is.

On code conventions- search the archives please .. we've had lots of
discussion on this in the early days and decided on the conventions. I'm
pretty sure we put them in the wiki somewhere but have no idea where off
the top of my head :(. Interestingly, even the original JAX-WS proposal
by IBM mentions coding conventions:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/JAX-WS-Proposal. so maybe
someone in IBM found a ref?

Sanjiva.