axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Nagy <>
Subject [Axis2] Re: svn commit: r499521 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/src/org/apache/axis2: client/ description/
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:04:27 GMT
Hi Sanjiva,

I wasn't making the point because I think that it is wrong (at least in
this case,) I was making the point that the same process has occurred
over and over again in the past -- meaning that there are lots of JIRA
issues and even just commits that occur without discussion.  I made this
statement because, as I indicated, Matt's change didn't modify the API,
so I viewed it no differently than other people shifting code around to
fix other issues.  I read through his change, compiled it, tested it,
and it worked so I committed it.  Had the API been modified or had it
been a major modification I would have brought it up on the list just as
I have done in the past.

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 04:48 +0530, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 05:49 -0800, Bill Nagy wrote:
> >
> > I can point out 100s of instances of this pattern of modification
> > without any discussion on the mailing list what so ever.
> This is the second time you've made this type of an assertion recently
> (the last time was during the MC serialization discussion when you said
> that there were lots of areas where things don't work as advertised).
> If you see a problem please point it out then and there without keeping
> silent and then making a very general statement of community
> malpractice. We're an open source project running under a fully open
> model- if someone's not doing the right thing point it out, ask for an
> explanation and then let's force changes as needed.
> Sanjiva.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message