axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: svn commit: r499521 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/src/org/apache/axis2: client/ServiceClient.java description/OutInAxisOperation.java
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:21:56 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 22:38 -0600, Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:

> Matt's patch is intended to push some logic that exists in the
> ServiceClient down to the OperationClient.  I don't see this as a
> change in the API, just an addition to the behavior based on certain
> criteria.  Would there be a reason for not including this in the
> OperationClient rather than the ServiceClient?

It changes the API because we've so far had exactly one way to invoke a
service: using the ServiceClient API. Now we have two. I view that as a
major API change because the user experience has changed dramatically.

Matt, is this change meant to be something for say JAX-WS to use and not
for end users? If so can we document it as such? If not I don't
understand how Sandesha has been able to handle every RM scenario we've
seen so far without the need for this API change.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.