axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject [axis2] Builder Selector Proposal
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:17:02 GMT
Hi all,
Axis2 logic for content-type to builder mapping is getting polluted
over time with the introduction of new builders(MTOM,XOP...). We would
like to propose a BuilderSelector to take over this logic making it
more scalable and clean.

BuilderSelector is effectively a Map of content-type to builder
(extends StaxBuilder) implementations. We can  store this Map in the
Axis2Configuration, which can be populated through the Axis2.xml. We
can add  a new section to Axis2.xml in order to configure these
mappings. BuilderSelector will play a much significant role as we go
ahead with supporting more and more formats.  Also this will give a
very good extension point to the users to add custom format support
for Axis2. One example would be a user who wants to introduce a CORBA
builder to Axis2 without hacking the internals.

As a start we can introduce this as a fall back mechanism to support the
new content-types. Over the time we can move all the builders selections
to the BuilderSelector.

Ideas??

--
Thilina Gunarathne