axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Dean" <Tony.D...@sas.com>
Subject [axis2]a little fustrated
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 22:51:42 GMT
Hi,

I have put down Axis2 1.1 and have found that some things have changed that I relied on.

AxisService.getFileName use to return a URL to the service.  I was able to acquire resources
from my aar or exploded directory bundled with my service.  This method call now returns null.
 Why?

When you make changes moving forward, you have to ensure backward capability.  Or at least
document a valid reason for such change.

How do I proceed now in order to get the same functionality?

ServiceLifeCycle:
It seems the life cycle changes you have put into 1.1 that you have to specify an additional
class that contains the startUp/shutDown methods.  I just want one service class that performs
startUp, shutDown, init, destroy, and business logic.  The startUp method creates information
that must be shared with the init, and business logic methods.  I'm not sure if I have the
lifecycle class == service class if I get one or two instances of my class.  If I get one
instance then I can share information with worrying about additional calloboration.  If I
get two instances I will have to do what you do in your lifecycle example.  That is create
parameters and stuff them in axis service so that the real service code can access it.  For
application scope I hope that I only get one instance of my class even if the lifecycle and
service class are the same.  Is this the case?

Thanks.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704