axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven2 for Axis2 1.2?
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:40:24 GMT
I'm visiting family at the moment, hence the delayed reply.

I totally agree about how important the build system is. I'm a little
concerned about the mixed messages we're giving at the moment and that
there's noone actually maintaining the  maven2 poms.

Given the lack of other responses or offers of help, I plan to do the
following in the new year:
1. Create a branch for maven2 pom development with a groupId of
org.apache.axis2.experimental to avoid confusion
2. Remove all the non-essential maven2 files from trunk which are not
really maintained again, to avoid confusion

Once the branch can build all the modules and run all the tests we can
look at merging and migrating to maven2 on the trunk.

On the issue of the integration tests, I share the concern but I think
that can be mitigated by the following:
1. While the volume of integration tests is comforting it probably
misses lots of areas anyway, with them moved it will be more obvious
which areas we should add specific tests for.
2. I'm happy to set up a continuum instance on ws.zones (if
appropriate) to build axis2, sandesha and the security modules and run
their integration tests and notify axis-dev@ or even general@ when
failures occur.

How does that grab you?
I hope everyone has a great year-end,