axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <>
Subject Re: Potential new SMTP binding for SOAP1.2
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:29:53 GMT
Sorry, I have to ask... why not ws-addressing?

You could embed an EPR with a refparam identifying the service in the
WSDL which should then be copied to the SOAP Header. Or even just use
the fact that the ?X-Service-Path would be automatically copied into a
wsa:To element.

Per Basic Profile 1.1 [1], "All vital information regarding the intent
of a message is carried in soap:Envelope."

Is another transport-specific out-of-envelope header really necessary?