axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Prasad Sarma <sarma...@yahoo.com>
Subject qn reg. axis2 on RAD 6.0
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:17:49 GMT
hi All,
  I am starting to work on axis2. I am working on
WebSphere 5.1 test environment on RAD6,I installed 2
plugins for axis2 ..java2wsdl and service archive and
I have created a webservice and created aar file from
it .
Now  I want to deploy this webservice on my current
web application. I am having trouble deploying this
aar file. Could some body please help me where I am
going wrong.
Here is what I have done so far.
In my web application
1. I have created a 'services' folder under WEB-INF
which I declared as repository for axis2 and kept my
aar file and version.aar file, services.list in it, I
listed both aars in services.list

2. I copied jars from axis2-war ( that I downloaded
from axis2 website and extracted libraries) to
WEB-INF/lib of my web application
3. I created a 'conf' directory in WEB-INF and placed
axis2.xml in that folder
4. I placed the entry for axis2 servlet in my web.xml
as
--
<servlet>
        <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.xml.path</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/axis2.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.xml.url</param-name>

<param-value>http://localhost:9080/myrepo/axis2.xml</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.repository.path</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>axis2.repository.url</param-name>

<param-value>http://localhost:9080/myrepo</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
---
and I get an excpetion as
--
Did not realize  init() exception thrown by servlet
AxisServlet: javax.servlet.ServletException....

start from there but is there any way to configure
axis2 in my current web application with out going
thru axis-1.3
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Prasad