axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject WS-I AttachmentsProfile and Axis1
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:30:41 GMT
Has anyone ever done SwA with Axis1 according to the WS-I attachments
profile? Or does anyone know a way to get it working theoretically? In
essence I have a method like this:

void sendData(URI uri, OctetStream stream)

The latter is obviously my attachment. Looking at the client side of
things, I can't seem to figure out a way to create an attachment URI
ahead of time for the data.

Yes I know there is Axis2 - indeed there are many alternatives ;-) But
there is some concern here for supporting legacy
systems/appservers/etc which are still using Axis1.

I can't help but wonder about the stupidity of the WS-I AP. It seems
to define a completely new way to do SwA. How is that a profile?  We
in essence have two different versions of SwA now.  I thought profiles
were supposed to standardize on existing methods, not create new
ones...

- Dan
--
Dan Diephouse