axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][jaxws] deploying jsr 181 service
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 03:57:28 GMT
On 11/16/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 19:14 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Rajith,
> >
> > I went thru the patch, and i went thru the current code in JAXWS. So
> > it was a loaded question :)
> >
> > I think we need to define the simplest case. IMHO, the simplest
> > deployment case should work exactly like our RPC*MessageReceiver.
> >
> > - User writes a services.xml
> > - Specifies say Jsr181MessageReceiver as the MR
> > - Specifies a class with a @WebService as the ServiceClass
>
> I'd prefer the simple case to be:
>
> - User writes a class, jars it up and deploys the jar (yes a regular
> jar, not an aar)
> - We look for the Main-Class attribute in the manifest to see whether
> there's a class identified, if not we consider every class a candidate
> for the next step
> - Look for @WebService annotations on the class and deploy those classes
> as services

This is good as long as we don't use reflection as it's very expensive.
Thats why a class scanner like ASM adds value.

I'd also like to support the ultra simple case of a single .class that
> needs to be deployed. So what I'm saying is add say a "beans/" directory
> to the repository and look for jar and .class files there and do the
> above.
>
> > Don't want any listeners/notifications/peeking-thru-the-jars.
> > basically KISS [1]. Do you have some cycles to help with this?
>
> This is as KISS as you can do legally IMO.

Sanjiva, do u want to process the .class or .jar files within the Deployment
model or do u want that to be outside the kernal ?

--Rajith

Sanjiva.