axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][jaxws] deploying jsr 181 service
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:46:36 GMT
Sanjiva,

I agree with most of what you proposed there with the exception of the
"beans" directory.  It seems like that would be the same thing as creating
a node under the "services" directory and just dropping the bean in there,
correct?  Or am I misunderstanding the intent?

In the current deployment model, what happens if a user puts their service
classes/config directly under the "services" directory rather than
creating a sub-directory?  Will that endpoint not be deployed at all?

Regards,

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk>
11/16/2006 09:25 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

dims@apache.org
cc
axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: [Axis2][jaxws] deploying jsr 181 service

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 19:14 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Rajith,
>
> I went thru the patch, and i went thru the current code in JAXWS. So
> it was a loaded question :)
>
> I think we need to define the simplest case. IMHO, the simplest
> deployment case should work exactly like our RPC*MessageReceiver.
>
> - User writes a services.xml
> - Specifies say Jsr181MessageReceiver as the MR
> - Specifies a class with a @WebService as the ServiceClass

I'd prefer the simple case to be:

- User writes a class, jars it up and deploys the jar (yes a regular
jar, not an aar)
- We look for the Main-Class attribute in the manifest to see whether
there's a class identified, if not we consider every class a candidate
for the next step
- Look for @WebService annotations on the class and deploy those classes
as services

I'd also like to support the ultra simple case of a single .class that
needs to be deployed. So what I'm saying is add say a "beans/" directory
to the repository and look for jar and .class files there and do the
above.

> Don't want any listeners/notifications/peeking-thru-the-jars.
> basically KISS [1]. Do you have some cycles to help with this?

This is as KISS as you can do legally IMO.

Sanjiva.