axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Dean" <Tony.D...@sas.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Does Axis2 Still only support single alternative WS-Policy?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:18:47 GMT
on the subject of policies...

how do you attach a policy to a policy subject?  I remember seeing something about adding
policy configuration to services.xml file (what's the syntax here) which would then be automatically
added to the wsdl that gets generated.  I have configured axis2 not to generate my wsdl (i.e.,
useOriginalWSDL) so I guess I would need to add policy attachments to the wsdl myself so that
this information can be used by potential clients?

is the only way supported such that client and server can negotiate what policies are being
inforced?  isn't there a more dynamic way with WS-MetadataExchange?  please help me understand
all of the possible ways that are available for this type of negotiation.

also on the server and/or client side, what is the mechanism for individual modules to perform
their assertions... that is, if I have a security assertion listed in policy configuration,
I'm assuming that the rampart mar better be engaged and the engine will pass control to it
and let it handle any security assertions.  It will then add any pertinent information to
the message context?  is there any documentation on this type of interaction?

thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Michniewski [mailto:mjmichn@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:04 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: [Axis2] Does Axis2 Still only support single alternative WS-Policy?

Hello,

 The page http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/WS_policy.html says "single alternative (Multiple
policy alternatives are not supported).", but this page is associated with Axis2 version 1,
and version 1.1 is now out.

 Looking to do an intersection of two policies with at least one of the two policies having
multiple options/ more than one alternative.

 If the multiple alternatives option is still on the to-do list, what is the anticipated completion
date?

Mike