axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Charbonneau, Pierre-Hugues" <pierre-hugues.charbonn...@cgi.com>
Subject RE: About HTTPSender not closing the Socket
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:19:21 GMT
Hi Paulo,

First, are you using HTTP or HTTPS (SSL)?

Is this issue happening regularly or under special circumstances? For
example, you might see this behaviour if you have some resource
contention at Thread level e.g some Thread in deadlock state keeping
those Socket in that state. This situation may happen if you Web Service
provider goes down or is unresponsive combined with no timeout or SSL
(if using HtttpSender) which does not support timeout at connection
level right now unlike non secure HTTP.

Otherwise your application might trigger a condition within Axis 1.1
which is not explicitly closing Socket as you mentioned.

In your case I believe we need to understand the root cause / trigger of
this behaviour e.g. regular vs during Web Service provider slowdown or
outage.

Regards,
P-H

-----Original Message-----
From: Paulo Henrique [mailto:paulo_oliveros@adplabs.com.br]
Sent: November 11, 2006 10:40 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: About HTTPSender not closing the Socket

Hi,

we use Axis 1.1 and are having some problems with TCP connections (there
is
a big delay right before the last Fin,Ack of the TCP connection).
Then I took a look at the HTTPSender class and saw that the invoke
method
does not close the socket after using it (in a "finally" clause, for
instance).

That is possibly causing problems in our application, cause sometimes
the
last Fin,Ack is delaying a lot (such as 7s) and causing us performance
problems...

So, I would like to know if there is any reason why close() is not being
called after the Socket is used.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Paulo