axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject [Axis2] Documentation standards
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:33:41 GMT
There's been a lot of churn in the documentation lately, IMHO not all of
it useful. For instance, people have been going through replacing
abbreviations (haven't, shouldn't) with the full words (have not, should
not), reformatting HTML so that </p> tags are always on their own line,
and substituting the '&gt;' entity for '>'. None of these changes seem
especially useful to me. The last change, in particular ('&gt;' for '>')
is unnecessary and makes embedded XML more difficult to read when you're
looking at the "raw" document text (i.e., in a text editor rather than a
browser).

I'd like to propose that people do not make arbitrary formatting changes
in the documentation updates. If they're using a tool that forces such
changes they should find a new tool, just as is the case with changes to
the actual code.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski