axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Running build before commiting code
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 05:26:26 GMT
If we exclude something from the tests, then no one will run it,
whatever you say. This is what happened to itests in integration folder.
I for one didn't run that for some time, did you?

So what I suggest is to keep the default behavior as is and if some one
knows what he is doing then he needs to put the flag , Ruchith put
,explicitly.

See, we can not afford to break anything at this moment. I encounter
couple of bugs which happens to happen again-and-again. I fixed it all
the time but some one breaks it again. The reason is lack of tests.
Every test in integration module or any other module makes sure
particular features are working properly.

I prefer adding more tests than removing it. Yes it is pain when you do
a build, but it is for the betterment of long term stability of Axis2.
Please use the proper flags sensibly.

-- Chinthaka