axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: svn commit: r480660 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules: kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/engine/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/transport/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/transport/http/ samples/quickstartaxiom/src/samples/quickstart/clients/
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:13:04 GMT
On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 17:56 +0000, nagy@apache.org wrote:
> Author: nagy
> Date: Wed Nov 29 09:56:02 2006
> New Revision: 480660

>  control object/callback to the transport to allow other components to
>  provide processing information to the transport.  The modifications in
>  this patch allow the AxisServlet to be notified when a one-way message
>  has be processed far enough to be ack'd as per the specs.  (A similar
>  change, although warranted, was not made to the SimpleHTTPServer, as
>  the API does not seem to provide a means to return a response without
>  unwinding the call stack.)  The quickstart sample was modified to fix
>  a dependency that it had upon fire-and-forget invocations not
>  returning until the one-way message had been completely processed on
>  the server side (at least in the case of Axis2.)

This is very cool. How does the transport actually finish the message
though? I mean does it use the thread that's calling
acknowledgeMessage() to do whatever is needed then and there or rely on
some other thread coming back to let it fall through to the normal close
stuff?

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.