axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Getting rid of release_docs/maven_scripts/maven-std.xml
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:56:10 GMT
Hi all,
Currently we are maintaining a separate maven.xml at
release_docs/maven_scripts/maven-std.xml to include in the source
distribution.

Maintaining two versions of a more or less identical doc has become a
headache. Even when I had a look at it now it does not reflect the
recent distribution changes(My bad.. I should have updated. But
why??). Even the names of the goals were different.

I would like to get rid of that and ship the main maven.xml with the
source distribution.  On a positive note it'll reduce lot of pain and
possible inconsistencies..
The negative side is then it'll contain goals which we do not want the
users to try out (Ex: rampart release goal, etc).. Also also we need
to ship the contents of the legal folder with the source distribution,
which I personally think is a must..

Comments....

Thanks,
Thilina