axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From R J Scheuerle Jr <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Request for XML Filter (AXIS2-1085)
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:45:40 GMT

Okay, I see your point here.

So I believe your suggestion is for the user to provide and configure a
javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory (outside of Axis2).
The XMLStreamReader provided by this XMLInputFactory would create and could
act as a Filter of an actual (woodstox) XMLStreamReader.
The user-provided XMLStreamReader could implement BuilderAwareReader,
giving it access to OM Elements.
The user-provided XMLStreamReader could obtain the Axis2 MessageContext
from thread local storage.

We will investigate this solution.

Followup Question:
If we decide that we can do this outside of Axis2, could we commit a test
to Axis 2 to ensure:
   a) The BuilderAwareReader works
   b) The Axis 2 MessageContext remains available on thread local storage.

The test could be useful to other Axis 2 users that have the same concerns.

On 10/26/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 20:50 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > I completely agree that this is mixing layers of processing and the
> > stax filter should not have access to it. Also, at the risk of stating
> > the obvious...We don't need to pass in the MessageContext at all. In
> > current SVN, you can get the message context using the thread local.
>
> Except that while the StAX code is invoked there may not be not be one
> around at all.
>
> Sanjiva.

Rich Scheuerle
IBM Web Services