axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <barre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Adding revision number while resolving issues
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:51:11 GMT
I wanted to clarify that what I meant by putting the "JIRA number in the
comment" was put the JIRA number in the first line of the commit message
when you commit your changes.  I put that JIRA number on a line by itself
(for example "AXIS2-1195", minus the quotes, for the example blow), so I
know that works.  I've heard putting it anywhere on the first line works,
but I won't personally vouch for that :-)

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

Jeff Barrett/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
10/02/2006 07:47 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] Adding revision number while resolving issues

Hello All,

I think it is a great idea to have the svn revision in the JIRA.  Instead
of explicitly commenting the JIRA, there may be an easier way:

It seems that if, when you do your commit, you put the JIRA number in the
comment, some magic happens and the SVN revision and commit message is
added to the JIRA.  For example, look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1195 and click on "Subversion
Commits".  All I did was put AXIS2-1195 in the commit comment when
checking in the code (as the only thing on the first line); the update of
the Jira seems to have happened automatically.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk>
10/02/2006 01:17 AM

Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
[Axis2] Adding revision number while resolving issues

Hi,

When you fix a bug and resolve a JIRA, let's make it a best practice to
include the revision number in the comment you put while resolving the
JIRA.

I'm now trying to fix a bug related elementFormDefault="qualified", but
seems this was fixed earlier by Ajith. But when I use the current build
I get the same error. So I wanted to see what he has done to re-fix it
but I have no clue which version to look for.

I've seen Dims doing this, and once in a while I also did it. But shall
we all make it a best practice and do that always? A humble request.

-- Chinthaka