axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] handler API change for race condition fixing
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:25:26 GMT
Hi Sanjiva, Bill:

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> I know I +1'ed whatever approach but the approach of introducing a top
> level class for the return status looks ugly to me. If consts aren't
> good enough can't we at least shove this (static) class inside Handler?
> That way one returns Handler.InvocationResponse.CONTINUE_PROCESSING etc.
> which at least tells people immediately what it means.

+1 to Sanjiva's suggestion.  Removes the need for another import/file,
and from inside a Handler-derived class, you can actually still just
"return InvocationResponse.CONTINUE" (see below), which looks clean.

I also like "InvocationResponse" *much* better than
"InvocationProcessingInstruction".  And do we really need the
"_PROCESSING" suffix on CONTINUE/SUSPEND/ABORT? :)

Yours for succinct code,
--Glen