axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] stopping the ListenerManager in Async InOut invocations
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:20:46 GMT
Hey Chamikara:

> But in this scenario the starting of the listner is not done by the client.
> It's done by Axis2 transparently. But the client has to stop it. Looks a
> bit
> confusing.

+1

> Is it possible for a ServiceClient object to remember weather the listner
> was started by it. If so I guess it can stop it in the 'cleanup' method.
> But
> if the listner was started by the client the 'cleanup' method should not
> try
> to stop it.

I was just going to say almost the same thing.  Cleanup should in all
cases be as flexible and automatic as possible.  Any time a listener is
automatically created for async invocations, it should be shut down when
it is no longer needed.  This is true whether the ConfigContext was
passed in or generated.

If we want to provide options to allow for custom lifecycle management
(along a spectrum from "shut down after each response" to "never close
listeners automatically") that might be a good direction to explore.

--Glen