axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Distribution packaging restructuring
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:31:59 GMT
 Hi Thilina ;

> I have ripped off the axis2.war from the distributions. Users will
> have the ability to create axis2.war from the axis2 main binary
> distribution. This will help a lot to users who are planning to deploy
> axis2 in servlet containers other than tomcat. With this users will be
> able to customize (put service.aar's, etc..) the war easily..

As a user (if I were user ) first thing I do is download the war and try
it.

What are we gaining not shipping axis2.war ?

I agree that user can download std and run the ant goal , well doesn't
that make unnecessary complication on  users
  - first  need to down load ant
  - then need to set the env variable for ant (ANT_HOME)
  - then need to run the goal

Please please , think about the simplicity , Axis2 is not only for geek
it should be  useful for users who are just trying to use Axis2 as well.

Dont think that  everyone knows abt ant (like you do)  and asking to do
everything by them selves.

Btw - If we are asking users to run ant tasks  , why do we want to think
about the releases, we can ask users to down load axis2 src and run ant
tasks  (we can write down the supported ant task somewhere in axis2 site.).

P.S :- As a developer I always love the simplicity and user
friendliness, o.w no one going to use Axis2.

Thanks
Deepal