axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dennis Sosnoski (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AXIS2-1316) "Unexpected subelement" when parsing simple request
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:15:22 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1316?page=comments#action_12440375 ] 
            
Dennis Sosnoski commented on AXIS2-1316:
----------------------------------------

By turning on debugging I confirmed that the operation is being set before the message receiver
is called:

DEBUG Phase: 375  -  Invoking Handler 'SOAPActionBasedDispatcher' in Phase 'Transport'
DEBUG SOAPActionBasedDispatcher:45  -  Checking for Operation using SOAPAction :.
DEBUG ProjectResourceBundle:67  -  org.apache.axis2.i18n.resource:handleGetObject(operationfound)
DEBUG AbstractDispatcher:96  - Found AxisOperation : getTypes

The SOAPAction header is the empty string, so I'm not sure what it's matching on here. It
looks like somehow the empty SOAPAction header string is being translated into a non-empty
(but also non-printable) string, and that the operations have been added to the alias map
for the service using that string. Hope this rings a bell for someone...

> "Unexpected subelement" when parsing simple request
> ---------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AXIS2-1316
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1316
>             Project: Apache Axis 2.0 (Axis2)
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: adb
>    Affects Versions: nightly
>         Environment: Linux, Java 1.5.0
>            Reporter: Dennis Sosnoski
>            Priority: Blocker
>         Attachments: library.zip
>
>
> In trying to build and run some test code that had been working last week I found that
the requests were not properly parsed. Here's a snippet of the WSDL:
>   
>     <schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
>         targetNamespace="http://ws.sosnoski.com/library/wsdl"
>         xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>         xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>       
>       <import namespace="http://ws.sosnoski.com/library/types"/>
>         
>       <element name="getBook">
>         <complexType>
>           <sequence>
>             <element name="isbn" type="xsd:string"/>
>           </sequence>
>         </complexType>
>       </element>
> Here's the XML sent by the generated ADB client:
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
>    <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>       <soapenv:Header />
>       <soapenv:Body>
>          <ns2:getBook xmlns:ns2="http://ws.sosnoski.com/library/wsdl">
>             <ns2:isbn>0061020052</ns2:isbn>
>          </ns2:getBook>
>       </soapenv:Body>
>    </soapenv:Envelope>
> This looks correct to me, but the server responds:
>               <Exception>org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unexpected subelement isbn; nested exception is: 	java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unexpected subelement isbn	at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:318)	at

> ...
> I wonder if this could relate to recent changes for attributeFormDefault handling? In
this case I'm using elementFormDefault, but I know there was some confusion between the two
earlier (and in fact, last week the generated code was improperly namespace qualifying attributes
used in other messages for this service).

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message