axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Proposal to add return type to Handler.invoke(...)
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:11:35 GMT
On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 22:24 -0700, Bill Nagy wrote:
> Sold, but I was OK on waiting until after 1.1 as the handler unwind
> stuff changed the Handler interface anyways.  We still need either the
> multi-value return type or another property in the MessageContext to
> indicate that message processing should abort vs pause (so that the
> handler unwind can happen vs not.)  [We may simply be able to replace
> the MessageContext.ispaused property with a MessageContext.isaborted
> property, as there shouldn't be a race condition with that one, and then
> implicitly intrepret a false returned with isAborted==false as the
> message is just paused.  This is a little less clear in my opinion, but
> would do the job.]
>
> If you'd rather have the property, I'm fine with that -- I just want to
> make the decision now and not have to change the interface again later.

I'm fine with a multivalue return; it seems cleaner than having a
property and a return option. I'd prefer an int (consts) return type but
I can live with an inner class and your returning stuff from that (as
originally proposed).

Please go ahead with whichever option you pick so that we can get this
into the 1.1 builds sooner than later.

Thanks!

Sanjiva.