axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Vote] Create a branch for the Axis2 1.1 release
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:42:33 GMT
Hi Bill,
Yep - subversion makes it very easy to merge the branches. However it
does not talk about conflicts ! So merging is easy if there are no
conflicts.

Also the authors must make sure they commit and apply the changes to
the trunk (with the consent of the release manager of course) at the
same time - a bit of a burden to the authors when the numbers are
high.

SO We'll let the RM (Thilina) decide when to cut the branch. My
personal feeling is you guys can keep on working in the trunk and the
RM will cut a branch after the code freeze so that the trunk folks can
move on without any hassel. Code freeze means the code is fairly
stable so whatever the changes that happens to the branch will be
minimal.

Anyway its Thilina's call :)

Ajith Ranabahu