axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Saminda Abeyruwan" <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] *PLEASE* discuss before committing (Re: svn commit: r439555 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules: kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/deployment/util/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/receivers/ kernel/src/org/apache
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:16:21 GMT
Hi Robert,

Earlier, when "ServiceObjectSupplier" is given {even if Spring} you have to
expose the available operations via <operation/>. If not at the deployment
time when creating the AxisService, it will not pick up the operations for
that service.

Now assume [thinking only in Spring] you have 20 public methods that you
have to expose via a bean. If someone gonna add all of them to
services.xmlmanually, that highly error prone. So this has to be
automated. Thus, in
deployment time, Deployment engine needs to prove with the service object in
order to get all the public methods automatically. The propose interface
would do that.

Now, if one need to generate the ?wsdl or ?xsd, when the MR is
RPCMessageReceiver,  at deployment time, SchemaGenerator should have to know
about the service class. So if "ServiceObjectSupplier" is provided, there
should be a way to get the service object. "ServiceObjectSupplier"'s has a
wider scope and in order to get the deployment engine some control over it,
imho we should provide an interface to get the the service object.

Current Axis-spring module has SpringAppContextAwareObjectSupplier and
SpringServletContextObjectSupplier would has it own scope and imho we have
to write a applicationContex.xml according to them and it's pretty
restrictive. Thus, naturally i want to write my own supplier with it's own
helper parameters.

If there is another alternative way to get the deployment engine to know
about the service object, when "ServiceObjectSupplier" given and to generate
?wsdl and ?xsds and to list all operations automatically, and to be uniform
in MessageReceivers, I'd always love to here it. :)

Thank you

Saminda