axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Lovett <MLOV...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Allowing users to set their own replyTo value
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:20:42 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry, but I'm coming into this one a bit late... must read the list more
regularly :)

For the case of WS-RM and polling, I don't think that the user should need
to know about it. I'd assume that the sandesha polling code can jump into
action any time that the user is trying to send a message that has an
anonymous reply to. Here's an attempt to explain further:

isUseSeperateListner=true: RM need not worry about polling, there is a
real replyTo anyway.

isUseSeperateListner=false: The user just wants their reply message, and
they don't want to (or cannot) open up a listener. The RM layer can jump
in here and replace the WS-A anon ReplyTo with the RM polling mechanism,
and so long as the user's message gets pumped back through we should be
ok. I'd hope we can contain that in the RM impl, though I guess it might
need some Axis2 changes to avoid the problem that Chamikara ran into as
well.

I'd hope that the above is the most usable way to do this stuff. I think
this is what David was hinting at earlier - the fact that RM is capable of
polling is really implementation detail. The user just wants to make their
call and get the message back.

Comments?

Matt