axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Afkham Azeez" <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'latest' dir is now renamed to '1_1' in axis2 xdocs
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:50:55 GMT
I fully agree with Deepal. Maintaining two versions of the documentation on
the trunk is an adhoc way of version management. When SVN does such a good
job, why should we go for such an adhoc structure? We never do this for the
code, so why special treatment for the docs? As Deepal said, the correct way
of doing this should be cutting a branch in SVN after the 1.1 release, and
any documentation bugs in 1.1 should be fixed in that branch (and most
probably, also in the trunk). BTW, I think this is not the first time this
has been argued on this list :D

Azeez