axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: 'latest' dir is now renamed to '1_1' in axis2 xdocs
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 06:56:09 GMT
Is there a particular reason why this is not kept as "latest" and move
to 1_1 when we release? (At the same time I can not see a latest folder
anymore in the svn). That approach will enable people to work always
with the "latest" documents.

The only advantage I can think of creating 1_1 folder is links
management. But if we manage links with relative urls, which is the way
it should be done, then even that is not a problem.

The best approach, IMHO, that could have done was to leave it as latest
and when we release, move the whole thing to 1_1 and update the
navigation.xml to update the navigation pane.

Keeping the latest folder as it is will make sure users will always
commit to the same folder.

-- Chinthaka