axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] ServiceClient questions
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:29:35 GMT

>That doesn't make any sense IMO .. the reason we use the anon ops is to
>make the simple case possible. If someone's getting at the operation
>client and doing stuff there better know the name of the operation.

Yes , I understand that. But the scenario I am talking about also making
the simple case simple. I mean if we can give a simple way to create an
operation client why shouldn't we do that. So if some one just want to
create operationClient to invoke a service shy should we ask that guy to ;
 - first create AxisService with all the AxisOperation
 - and then create ServiceClient using that
 - then use that service client to create operationClient

I really like to have the following steps to create operation client
  - create ServiceClient using its default constructor
 - Then create operation client

>I don't understand what you're saying- if the user is creating a service
>client with an AxisService they should know the names. If not, the
>existence of AxisService is hidden - they just say new ServiceClient()
>and just call the various call method shortcuts. Having the anon name
>exposed in inconsistent with that design.

Yes , if user create ServiceClient using his AxisService then he can not
use those constants to create OperationClient , then he need to use his
operation names. And that is the technique we are using inside stubs.

-Deepal