axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Enabling listener to handle more than one EPR
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:41:41 GMT
David Illsley wrote:
> On 12/09/06, Eran Chinthaka <> wrote:
>> David Illsley wrote:

>> I will not update but rather deprecate it. This is especially useful
>> when a service lists out EPRs. Determining which EPR to use will be
>> transport dependent code. For example, one might getEPRs using this
>> method and generate proper binding within WSDL.
> ok, so if you deprecate that method presumably you'll remove it's use
> in ServiceContext and OutInAxisOperationClient? How will they
> determine which element in the array to use?

If a listener returns more than one EPR, any EPR is valid. So pick one.
I'd say the first one.

What that means is, if there is a servlet which returns following EPRs :

http://myip/myhome/services and

then it should be able to handle any of them.

But we might want to special case REST EPRs. That's a different issue.

-- Chinthaka

View raw message