axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: 'latest' dir is now renamed to '1_1' in axis2 xdocs
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 07:08:28 GMT
Hi Chatra and all,

Well , I know we had the same kind of structure for previous releases as
well . But I am -1 on keeping two doc folders.  And I can not name any
other Apache project which use this kind of document structure. In the
meantime keeping duplication data make unnecessary  complication ,
  - if we find error in one document ,  need to change them in two
location. Is that good habit (I dont think so)
  - If some one new to Axis2 , and if he download Axis2 what kind of doc
structure will he get ? if I download Axis2 today do I need to know
about the previous version docs. (I know its useful to have them in the
web site , but not in the code base)

And remember , we use "SVN" and after each release we cut a branch , so if
some one want to update old doc , go and update them in the branch (if you
think it is really necessary, o.w just update that in the current SVN)

Specially I dont like to have version related stuff , in the current code
base , if we have we should remove them.

Finally , this is the first time I -1 in this mailing list , that is b'coz
I honestly dont like that  :).

Thanks
Deepal