axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <>
Subject [Axis2] Need help with Axis2 1.1 Release
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:55:44 GMT

As you know, We are planning to do release Axis2 1.1 end of this month
on 29th Sept. Next week is crucial if we want to get out a solid
release since we are going to do a code freeze on 25th. Please pick up
nightlies and try them out. If you run into a problem, Please open a
JIRA with as much information as possible. Don't wait for someone to
tell you to open a JIRA. Specific information that would help is your
WSDL/Schema, your server-side code, your test client, the soap
request/responses, stack traces, server logs, jdk/jvm/appserver
information. Anything you think may help us diagnose the problem
quicker, please upload them to JIRA as well.

If you are using Axis2 and/or planning to use the 1.1 release, please
get involved right now. We need as much help as possible in testing.
Also, If you think an issue should be a blocker for Axis2 1.1, please
add it in the comments section. One of the dev folks can upgrade the
bug to blocker after a review.

On 9/12/06, Deepal Jayasinghe <> wrote:
> Hi All;
> We got enough vote for our next release , so we can go ahead and release
> Axis2 1.1  !!!
> As usual , this time also I have to postponed the release by a week
> due  to;
>   - There are few SNAP_SHOT dependencies , that we need to get stable
> release of them
>   - There are a number of Blockers , and at this point I dont think we
> can fix them all by 18th .
> So I am thinking of postponed Axis2 1.1 release by one week and plaining
> to have the release on 29th September 2006. There wont be any new
> feature addition and I would like to do the code freeze by 25th September.
> Thanks
> Deepal

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: