axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Vote] Create a branch for the Axis2 1.1 release
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:34:10 GMT
+1 to creating a branch. *PLEASE* note that the branch for a release
is the prerogative of the Release Manager and he/she chooses when to
cut the branch.

thanks,
dims

On 9/14/06, Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgallar@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Ajith,
>
> Branching before would allow others to continue longer term development items while the
final fixes are being applied to the upcoming release.

> Regards,
>

> Nicholas Gallardo
>  WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
>  nlgallar@us.ibm.com
>  Phone: 512-838-1182
>  Building: 901 / 5G-016
>

>  "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranabahu@gmail.com>
>
> 09/14/2006 04:11 PM
>

> Please respond to
>  axis-dev@ws.apache.org
>

> To axis-dev@ws.apache.org
>
> cc
>

> Subject Re: [Axis2][Vote] Create a branch for the Axis2 1.1 release
>

> Hi guys,
>  If I understand right the branching usually happens at the same time  of a release (or
slightly after) and is usually used to fix issues in that particular release. We can definitely
use a branch before the release but is there any particular reason why we need a branch before
the release ?