axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Nagy <n...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r450121 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules: integration/test/org/apache/axis2/engine/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/context/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/engine/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/handlers/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/transpo...
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 04:45:19 GMT
Hi Sanjiva,

While the JIRA issue may have had "cleanup" in the title, points 2 and 3
of the issue (and also Deepal's later comments) deal with what I fixed.

I'm not sure that I understand why you say "the impl that has been
committed is going to slow Axis2 down big time."  It makes one extra
method invocation to each phase, which in turn makes one extra method
call to each handler that was previously invoked for each message flow.
If the handlers don't need to do anything, then that time is negligible
-- if they do need to do something, then they need to do the work, and
spend the time for a reason.

-Bill