axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Why does OutInAxisOperation invoke the InFlow and InFaultFlow when a fault is received in a response?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 03:17:23 GMT
On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 16:15 -0700, Bill Nagy wrote:
> Well, most transports have a status/error code for responses and if you
> came back through the normal chain (i.e. not via an AxisFault) it's
> probably a reasonably safe assumption that you have some sort of
> Envelope.

For HTTP responses this works because the status code must be 500 for a
message carrying a SOAP fault. But it doesn't work for async HTTP (two
channel case) or pretty much any other transport I think.

Anyway HTTP responses is a common enough case that its certainly
rational to special case, or rather to use the available info in that
case.

> In any event, ignoring the previous section, the code that executes the
> InFlow lives in OutInAxisOperation.send(...), and that already looks at
> the SOAPEnvelope.  It just always executes the InFlow without first
> looking to see if there was a fault.

+1 to changing that. Will anything break??

Sanjiva.