axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Nagy <n...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject [Axis2][Vote] Create a branch for the Axis2 1.1 release
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:55:28 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to propose that we create a branch in Subversion for the
1.1 release (and all future releases) so that we can continue
development on the main trunk while the release is occurring.  This
would also enable us to make point fixes to each release without
requiring that users adopt a whole bag of new features (i.e. the next
release) in order to get bug fixes.  (I'm not saying that we will
backport all bug fixes, just that having the release branch would enable
us to do so.)

-Bill