axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis] Load Web Service on Startup
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:45:01 GMT
Was there any progress on this? I ask because I'm trying to test the
TCCL changes dims made with Spring, and I somehow need a way to load
Spring's applicationContext.xml inside an AAR on startup. I can't
think of another way to do that - besides modules - so any advice is
appreciated.

Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

> Deepal,
>
> I worked on this a bit today, With svn rev 428234, check the
> DeploymentEngine, you now have access to ConfigurationContext. Can you
> please take it from here?
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 8/2/06, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk> wrote:
> > Hi Dims;
> >
> > When you deploy a service , deploymentEngine does not have access to
> > configuration context (it has only access to AxisConfiguration). Any way
> > we have a work  around for the services at the system startup time , but
> > if some one drop a service at the runtime (service hot deployment) ,
> > then we can not call that method since there is no way to get access to
> > configuration context from AxisConfiguratation.
> >
> > So is that ok if we give this feature only for service which are in the
> > repository when system startup ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Deepal
> >

> > Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >
> > > Deepal,
> > >
> > > I'd say it should be the following because there is no ServiceContext
> > > or MessageContext setup at startup time.
> > >
> > > init(ConfigurationContext)
> > >
> > > This is similar to servlets if you specify load-on-startup then
> > > "init(ServletConfig config)" is called.
> > >
> > > This would be a one time call only irrespective of scope. What do you
> > > think?
> > >
> > > -- dims

to either

Apache Axis to