axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Axiom]Axiom-***.jar not updated?
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 04:29:24 GMT
Hi,
What happened was this

1. Secpolicy module had axiom-combined jar as a dependency where as
all other modules (I'm talking about maven modules in the Axis2 build)
had the seperate Axiom jars.

2. When you do a create-lib it copies dependancies of all the modules
to the lib folder. Since there were the three seperate axiom jars and
the combined axiom jar as dependancies 4 axiom jars were copied into
the lib folder.

3.Once you get to use that lib it wasn't predictable where the axiom
classes get picked up. ant build picked it from the combined jar and
IDEA picked it up from the seperate jars

So here is the outcome

1. All Axis guys should make sure (Specially when new modules are
introduced) that the dependancies are made to the three seperate jars
and not the combined one (for axiom)

2. If no one is using the combined axiom jar anymore we should not
generate it as part of the build and remove any existing
axiom-SNAPSHOT.jar from the repositories

I hope this makes it clear about all this business in the axiom build :)

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu