axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Identifying REST vs SOAP messages
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 06:27:20 GMT
Hi,
As per [1] if I understand it right, a SOAP 1.2 HTTP implementation
must be able to process the media type "application/soap+xml" but
clients may send messages with other compatible media types as well
(something like text/xml).
This whole behavior changes with the REST flag being on and off so
this is what I think os the best way

Case 1: REST is off
1. If SOAPAction -> SOAP 1.1
2. Any other text compatible media type -> SOAP 1.2

Case 2: REST is on
1. If SOAPAction -> SOAP 1.1
2. applicatin/soap+xml -> SOAP 1.2
3. any other text compatible media type -> REST

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#httpmediatype

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu